The Mapuche Political Prisoners of the CAM, Coordinating body of Arauco Malleco, Héctor Llaitul Carrillanca and Ramón Llanquileo Pilquiman communicate to the Mapuche Nation and to the general public opinion the following:
1. That starting today, Wednesday 14 November, again, we begin a liquid hunger strike, to the end if necessary, as a way to denounce and demand the following:
2. That as a product of the conflict between our people and the capitalist Chilean state we have been prosecuted and convicted unfairly, through the implementation of the Anti-Terrorism Act, using "secret witnesses" and sentenced to 8 and 15 years respectively.
3. That, also, we were judged twice by two courts, one civilian and one military, in violation of the legal principle of "NOS BIS IN IDEM". Being sentenced to three and four years by the Civil Court after they had been acquitted for the same offense (Fiscal Elgueta) by the Military Court.
4. Therefore the demands of this mobilization are:
* Freedom for all the Mapuche political prisoners in Chile.
* Repairs to transgression of "NOS BIS IN IDEM", allowing the reduction of our convictions of 8-4 years (Llanquileo and Huillical) and 15-11 years (Llaitul).
* Right to Prison Benefits, in the case of Ramon Llanquileo, that recognize the quality of political prisoner and Mapuche community member.
* Recognition of the quality of Mapuche political prisoners for all, that translate into decent conditions, segregated confinement, the right to quality and timely health care, adequate space to practice our culture and religion.
FREEDOM TO ALL
MAPUCHE POLITICAL PRISONERS!
AN END TO THE REPRESSION OF
THE COMMUNITIES IN CONFLICT!
TERRITORY AND AUTONOMY!
Angol Prison, November 14, 2012