Sunday, July 7, 2013

End to Hunger Strike by Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya, young Mapuche political prisoner in the prison for minors in Chol Chol, Chile

Public Statement from the prison of Chol Chol

I, Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya, young political prisoner in the prison for minors in Chol Chol, imprisoned for 10 months in this place and at day 54 of my hunger strike, today July 5, 2013, inform the Mapuche people and the national and international
public, that I have decided to end my hunger strike, for the following reasons:

Kiñe: The judge of Collipulli has given the date for the resumption of my trial, for July 17th of this year, as the Supreme Court has accepted our lawsuit against the Anti-Mapuche Prosecutor Luis Chamorro, who must disclose the secret evidence that he keeps against us. So once again, we have shown that this charge is based in setups and lies created by said Public Prosecutor.

Epu: That the organizations and institutions that have pledged their support to carry out my request for transfer to the jail of Angol, the module for community members have failed to get responses from the Government of Chile, and the Ministry of Justice, demonstrating once more the political persecution which we are victims of as Mapuche People especially Mapuche youngsters and children.

I want to make it clear, that despite the decision I made, as a last show of confidence in the judiciary, that my transfer request to be near my family and my community, remains a necessity for me. That if on July 17, he Anti-Mapuche Prosecutor Luis Chamorro, manages to postpone this process again, I will take up my hunger strike, but this time, with a thirst strike, because all I need is the space to prove my innocence, because I have nothing to hide, unlike the work and mafia-like intentions of the Prosecutor. 

I thank all the people who were paying attention to me, for my health, day to day. I thank all those who believe in my innocence and do not hesitate to recognize that this is a political persecution of Mapuche people, for its historical territorial claims.

I hope everyone will be watching what happens on July 17 in Angol.

Freedom for all Mapuche Political Prisoners
Territorial freedom
Stop the setups and faceless witnesses
 

No comments:

Post a Comment