Saturday, February 23, 2013

Statement from the prison of Chol Chol by Mapuche Minor Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya, Chile

Source: http://paismapuche.org/?p=6615
February 22, 2013

Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya: "Despite imprisonment my convictions stand firm, therefore the Chilean state can not silence my voice"

Statement from the prison of Chol Chol

To the national and international public opinion, I Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya, an under age political prisoner, imprisoned in the CIP CRC of Chol Chol, wrongly accused of the murder of settler Hector Gallardo, declare as follows:


Kiñe: On March 20, 2013, was scheduled the hearing of closure of the investigation, the day I waited for with great excitement to regain my freedom, but it was not until the afternoon of the day before that I was informed of this suspension without telling me the reasons for it. My lawyer was not previously advised, therefore I demand transparency in the judicial process, which only lets us see that it is supporting the public prosecutors, giving them more time to arm setups against us.

Epu: The SENAME committed itself to
provide me with a van to transport my family once a month, which they have failed to do, not respecting my right to contact with my community and not giving me any reason for this. Thus, the Chilean state continues in its effort to destroy us as a people, keeping me away from my family and community. This also constitutes discrimination for being Mapuche, since they also once a month, go looking for the families of other young people to Angol. I demand of the SENAME that they restore this right to me and fulfill its commitment. 

Küla: I point out once again my absolute innocence and that of Leonardo Quijón and Luis Marileo in the setup that we are a victim of, having to this date no concrete evidence against us, which demonstrates the continued harassment and persecution of our People-Nation, with the sole purpose of imprisoning us in order to not recognize our ancestral right to territory and autonomy.

Meli: I send from the prison of Chol Chol the maximum support to our peñi Fernando Millacheo, on hunger strike for over 60 days, it being necessary to demand immediate responses for those who risk their lives as a result of arbitrary and unclear processes.

Kechu: Finally, I manifest that despite being months in confinement I remain firm in my convictions, therefore the Chilean state can not silence my voice. That is why I appeal to all those who support our cause, to be alert to the injustices and to continue to support us.

STOP THE SETUPS, PERSECUTION AND DETENTION OF OUR PEOPLE

STOP THE STATE TERRORISM AGAINST OUR GRANDMOTHERS, MOTHERS, WOMEN AND CHILDREN

FOR THE FREEDOM OF OUR TERRITORY!!!! 
NEWEN FOR MY PEOPLE-NATION!!!!

MARRICHIWEU!!
!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment