Monday, March 11, 2013

Public statement by the Collective for the Freedom of the Mapuche Political Prisoners of Malleco, Chile, March 10, 2013

PUBLIC STATEMENT FROM THE PRISON OF ANGOL

The Collective for the Freedom of the
Mapuche Political Prisoners of Malleco informs the national and international public opinion about the serious state of health that our peñi Rodrigo Montoya Melinao, 19 presents, who has been on a hunger strike for the last 11 days, as a consequence of the repression and political persecution against our struggle as Mapuche people, for recovery and liberation of our ancestral territory from the hands of capitalism and the Chilean State. That keeps him convicted of attempted murder
of a policeman.


"Since February 28 I assumed this hunger strike with 60, 400 kg, as my initial weight, of which to date I have had a rapid weight loss, finding myself weighing only 55, 500kg, which provokes vomiting, body weakness, tachycardia, a situation that worsens, as this is my second hunger strike, considering the 60 days of the previous one.  

I want to report that this drastic decision was taken because I am suing the Chilean State and the Judiciary, for a fair trial and the annulment of my sentence issued by the Supreme Court. Who demonstrated the political manipulation that exists in our cases, leaving room for insufficient evidence and faceless witnesses financed by the Judiciary Power itself.

From Angol prison, I am calling on all the Lof in resistance, on the social organizationson the Mapuche and non-Mapuche students aware of this political persecution, to to demonstrate and to resist and to support with various forms of fighting this decision that I have made, until they guarantee us fair trials.

 FREEDOM FOR OUR MAPUCHE TERRITORY
FOR THE DEMILITARIZATION OF OUR LOF
FREEDOM TO ALL MAPUCHE POLITICAL PRISONERS

COLLECTIVE FOR THE FREEDOM OF THE MAPUCHE POLITICAL PRISONERS OF MALLECO 

No comments:

Post a Comment