By Comisión de Comunicaciones // Campaña por la Libertad de TODOS los Presos Políticos Mapuche
Rodrigo Montoya, member of the community Wente Winkul Mapu, Mapuche political prisoner confined in Angol, began new hunger strike on February 28, 2013.
I, Rodrigo Montoya Melinao, Mapuche Political Prisoner of the Community Wente Winkul Mapu, inform my Mapuche Nation and the national and international public opinion that:
1. - That on Thursday February 28, 2013 I took the drastic step commence once again a liquid hunger strike for the unjust measures that have been implemented against me and for the constant political persecution of young Mapuche of communities in the process of territorial recoveries, for which we have been accused and convicted by the statements of faceless witnesses who are funded by the Chilean judicial system who together with the prosecution in one form or another have imprisoned us to put out our thoughts of Recovering the Mapuche Territory.
2. - I denounce the persecution of my family and the irregularity of the trial that was held against me where there was a clear manipulation of evidence and therefore constituted a violation of due process because the evidence was insufficient to convict me, and the political pressure to intimidate me was felt. It is these motives which lead me to manifest myself in this way in which I also make a broad appeal to all communities in resistance and conscientious of the fight and to all the national and international social organizations to demonstrate and support this action which I will carry forth from Angol prison in the face of so much injustice.
There are three demands for this hunger strike:
1. - The cancellation of the vitiated judgment and this wrongful conviction.
2. - No more anonymous witnesses in trials against Mapuche.
3. - An end to the political-judicial setups and Freedom for all Mapuche political prisoners held in the different prisons of this country.
Rodrigo Montoya Melinao, Mapuche political prisoner in the Prison of Angol, Community Wente Winkul Mapu
For the liberation of our People and the full recovery of our Territory!